Young Writer, this call is for you
Many celebrated writers past and present started writing and developing their talent at a young age.
Blue Bracken Publishing encourages young writers who wish to make their mark by granting a yearly award. 2019 will be the year for poetry.
The Blue Bracken Young Writers’ Poetry Award
The First Prize winner will receive an award of € 50,00 and the two runners-up a prize each of €25,00.
All three will see their winning poems published on the website of Blue Bracken Publishing and their work may further be considered for publication.
Here are the rules to enter for the Award:
– Entry into the competition is free.
– You must be aged 11-17 on the closing date of 30 September 2019 at midnight GMT.
– You may enter up to 3 poems on any theme and of any length (however, quality is more important than quantity. We are looking for real talent!).
– Each poem must be the original work of its author (we run checks for plagiarism).
– Your poems must not have been published in any form anywhere else before (also not online or social media).
– Competition entries per post cannot be returned so please keep a copy or mail your entry to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the following in the title line: BBP 2019 Young Writers’ Poetry Award.
– All entries per mail will receive a notification of receipt to the address provided.
– All entries must be in by the closing date of 30 September 2019 by midnight GMT. Late entries will not be accepted under any circumstances.
– Due to the volume of entries, only successful entrants will be notified of their prize.
– Details of the winners list and commendations will be announced on the website on 30 November 2019 and the prizes will be sent to the winners.
– Copyright of each poem reverts to its author after 30 November 2019 at midnight.
Blue Bracken Publishing wishes all young poets inspiration and determination in developing their craft. We look forward to your entries and to announcing the winners later in the year.